Let's talk about healthy body image

0b2a411cfb1c9cfc26b37d4602f2281eFrom a woman's perspective, the world is a harsh place. Women are supposed to look, dress, act and overall be a certain way according to the media and past events. Let me just roll my eyes at that. Like the quote to the left says: "You will never look like the girl in the magazine. The girl in the magazine doesn't even look like the girl in the magazine." When we all look at social media or a magazine- we all see these girls who are tiny, super fit, or have the most beautiful complexion. Well... 95% of the time- they don't look like that. Don't let them fool you. Don't look at someone on social media, when you haven't seen them in person and judge your body based off of theirs when you don't even know that it really looks like that.
There are so many ways that we, as women (or men), can be confident and positive about our bodies no matter what the media says. I'm just here to send you a little reminder as to what those things are.

-People photoshop (My Pet peeve) their waist, muscles, legs, etc... Don't criticize your body based on theirs. As stated above, most of the time they don't look like that. Be yourself and work on yourself
-Eat Healthy! You will feel more confident and energized if you know that you are feeding your body the proper nutrition! Keep some fruit and veggies on hand, so you won't reach for those greasy potato chips!

-Encourage Others! Many girls like to bring other girls down, when actually that affects you negatively too by saying negative things. Instead, encourage others and give compliments! It doesn't hurt you or anyone else. It'll help you.

-Don't talk negatively to yourself. When you wake in the morning, say ONE or TWO positive things about yourself and what you are going to accomplish for the day. It will help to keep you in a positive mindset throughout the day and help with your confident mood.

-Don't beat yourself up over missing a workout or having a cheat meal. It's ok to have a break, your muscles need time to recover.  It's also good to eat different things from time to time. I'm not saying it's ok to gorge, but have a little sneaky snack and call it a day.

images-Appreciate what your body can do! Our bodies are amazing machines. They make us live out our dreams, help us to laugh and dance, along with breathing. Don't be so hard on it, if you take care of it- it will take care of you!
-Wear a sassy outfit. What do you feel the sexiest in? I love throwing on a pair of wedges or heels with any outfit- which makes me feel confident because my legs look 10 miles long :) Find something that you love to wear and rock it!
-Exercise is a mood lifter in itself. When you pair exercise with a healthy diet- think of the self esteem going through the roof! You will look good and feel good, inside and out.  
These are some things that I take into consideration and I've thought about with what I've had to overcome. We all do it, but it really distracts you from what you are capable of. I have dreams and I have goals. I want to be successful, I don't want to waste my time worrying 24/7 if I look okay. I am me, take it or leave it and that's how you should be too. Focus on being the best YOU that you can be.

Comments

Popular Posts