Light & Fit Apple Crisp

It's hard once the snow falls and the holidays sneak up on us to deny the comfort foods that we all love. I love anything to do with cinnamon apples, pumpkin pie, and cookies- who doesn't? Since we just got 10 inches of snow, I like to stay home and be crafty (during my breaks of studying for finals). I found a recipe for apple crisp and I made it my own with help of a few other recipes (including eat me guilt free) that I found on how to make it turn out correctly. This is a great recipe when you're trying to still eat clean, but you want a sweet treat!

It is a little crumbly, like a granola and apple cobbler- the apples are moist and the topping pulls it all together! I hope you enjoy!
applecrisp

Ingredients:
- 3 apples (3 cups sliced)
-1 cup oats
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup oat flour
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder
-3/4 cup stevia
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-optional to add nuts


Directions:
-
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Combine 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/3 cup stevia, 2 tsp warm water & 1 TBSP melted peanut butter in a bowl
-Add the apple slices and mix together to coat the apples, microwave for 4-5 minutes until apples are soft.
-In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup oats, 1 scoop protein powder, almond flour, oat flour, remaining stevia, cinnamon and peanut butter.
-Put the apple mixture into a baking dish (I used a square dish) and flatten the apples out in the dish, sprinkle the apples with the oat mixture.
-Bake for 30-35 minutes
-Enjoy!

I cut mine into 9 squares to fit my macros. Calories for 1/9: 151 calories, 6.6g Fat, 18g carbs, 7g protein.
If you want a bigger slice, just multiply those numbers by 2 :)

Happy baking!

Comments

Popular Posts