Sweet potato nachos

Hey friends! Who would of thought the word 'Nachos' and the words 'clean eating' would ever be in the same sentence! I've been experimenting a lot lately... because I want it to be known that eating healthy does NOT have to be boring! I am happy to share with you my sweet potato nacho recipe. You are more than welcome to either just slice the sweet potatoes in half and in half again, so they are a little bigger and not as chips. Or, you can slice them thin like chips.  In my "I quit Sugar" Cookbook, she does something similar but with slices of potatoes and she used a whole bunch of toppings (options listed below along with what I used)


To make chips: Preheat oven to 325 degrees, slice thinly and lay them on a cookie sheet, bake for about 30 minutes each side (flip them after 30 minutes). I was a little impatient and mine weren't super crunchy, but I didn't mind because I LOVE sweet potato in any way, shape or form! :)
Toppings: Completely up to you! Here is my recommendation for 1-2 servings:
  • 1 shredded chicken breasts (boil then use hand beater to shred & tossed into the BBQ sauce)
  • Sugar Free BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • chopped lettuce
  • diced tomatoes
  • Shredded cheese (I only used 2 tbsp. because it fit into my macros)
  • 1 tbsp. yogurt or sour cream

  • Optional: black beans, salsa, cinnamon (I always sprinkle it on my potatoes), sirloin, cabbage, zucchini- get creative!
Lay the chips down on your plate and add toppings! Don't get too crazy if you're trying to be healthy, if not- then have at it! But I don't recommend it :) These were so delicious and satisfied my cravings. Don't forget to Drizzle with Lime!
Easy & so good! Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts