Cauliflower "Potato" Salad

Hey guys! Happy Monday!

Summer is a great time of the year. Time spent outdoors with friends, family and eating lots of good foods! But... unless you know the proper portion of those foods, we can all get a little out of hand sometimes. I always feel like it's a great to know there are some healthier options available to me- so I always tend to make at least one dish that is healthier and that I know isn't going to hurt my progress. For the 4th of July I made a cauliflower potato salad! It uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, making for a little lighter option. It's delicious! Recipe is below, enjoy!
*I doubled my batch, but the recipe is for 1 batch* - 1 batch makes about 5 servings.

Ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
-1/4 cup fat free mayo
- 2 TBSP. vinegar, white
-3 TBSP skim milk
-2-3 TBSP mustard
-dash of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 hard boiled egg whites (no yolk)
-1/4 cup green onion, diced


Directions: 
1. After cutting cauliflower, steam until tender (about 6-8 minutes)

2. Using a food processor or blender, take about 1/2 cup of the cauliflower and place in to blend into a puree. Add the 3 TBSP of milk to help with this process. 

3. Mix together yogurt, vinegar, mustard, celery, green onions, mayo and then the cauliflower florets. Fold in the pureed cauliflower. Add salt and pepper. 

4. Refrigerate before serving. 

Macronutrients per serving: 97 calories, 0.2g Fat, 13.9g carbs and 9.4g protein. 

xox

Comments

Popular Posts