Pineapple Carrot Muffins

Happy Sunday! 
I've been MIA for a bit, I was taking a summer biochemistry class, which I'm officially done with. I'm actually officially done with chemistry classes forever, thank goodness. I will be back to blogging and taking pictures of my beautiful creations to share with you all! 
Today I made pineapple-carrot muffins. This is actually a great way to get some fruits/vegetables into you or your child's diet very easily, I found this recipe from a fellow health enthusiast at a volunteering project I was at. I took the recipe and tweaked a few things in it to make them healthier. :) 




You will need
- 3/4 cup carrot (shredded medium carrot)
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3/4 can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I did 1/4 cup brown sugar and the rest Stevia)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- cinnamon & nutmeg

Directions:  
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients: flour, sugar/stevia, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg- mix with a fork so there are no clumps.
-In another bowl, mix your carrots, pineapple with juice, water, oil, and vinegar
-Combine both bowls of ingredients, stirring until smoothly mixed.. 
-Spray a 12-muffin pan (or mini muffin pan) with cooking spray, fill the spots in the pan about 3/4 full
- Cook for 20 minutes

E N J O Y!!!



These are delicious- they each have about 150-160 calories.
 It's great to pair with eggs in the morning or if you need an on the go snack.

Tomorrow I will be blogging about why I hate the word "DIET"

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts