Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread

Happy October! 

Now I can say it's officially fall, even though the weather cannot make up its mind! My wedding was last weekend and it was the most perfect day. (Pictures to come)
My Husband has been having some skin issues, and we are doing an experiment this week, monitored by myself, to see if he could possibly be intolerant to gluten.  Gluten is found in wheat products. Wheat, Barley, Rye and sometimes oats if not labeled GF. We are going to see how his skin reacts to cutting out gluten for the week and to see how he feels.
*Do not cut gluten out of your diet because you think you will lose weight, this is not the case! There are people who have either an intolerance or an allergy and there are symptoms to each, it's not fun and it's not easy! I used an app on things that I was not 110% sure about while I was at the grocery store for the week. It took me about an hour, so that I know we are doing this correctly for him.  Gluten is hidden in so many foods, sauces and many things that we do not think about.
It also helps to clean up a diet, cutting out a lot of sugar and slowly making the change.

Here is my recipe for Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, if you don't want it to be gluten free, you can just use regular flour, it should be the same :)

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:

- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I used Krusteaz brand)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 4 TBSP unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 1% milk (or butter milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips on top, optional

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray your bread pan (9 in) and set aside
- Mix all of your ingredients into a bowl, other than the chocolate chips.
- Fold the mixture into your bread pan- make sure to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle on top with chocolate chips (optional) or Pecans (optional)
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & let cool for about 20 minutes before eating, out of the pan
ENJOY!
*Since I used applesauce instead of butter and some stevia instead of all brown sugar- it is a little more dense, but super tasty!*


Comments

Popular Posts